Help with lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b72bowers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 265 gallon salt water tank with byilt in over flows .I just set up about 2 months ago. My first ,my parents always had one when I was young but all this stuff have changed so much.
50g sump
Protien skimmer ,curve 7
200 micron sock filters
12,000 lph sump pump
2 8,000lph powerheads
Heater with temp. controler
Live rock
Yellow tang
2 clowns
Coral beauty
Damsel
Engineer goby
Orange spotted goby
Scott er blend
5 hermit crabs
6 turbo snails
Shrimp
I just bought 2 36" orbit marine led lights. How much light should I give them? I have it set on M1 right now. I was thinking going to the longer M3 setting. Or do I need to take it of off 100%

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What about, when I add some anemones, and later some coral.? I wasn't sure on the fish, they were acting a little crazy and getting agressive when I put the new lights on.

That depends on the corals. These units aren't very strong and outside of low light corals like zoas or soft coral you won't be able to keep anything that requires intense lighting, like anemones and SPS coral.
When it comes to the fish going nuts, think of going from a dark room into a bright sunny day after a fresh snow. It's a shock no matter the animal. They will be fine.

Thanks, I'm learning as I go. Kind of a big chunk to start out with such a big tank for my first one . Lol but its been alot of fun and we get to enjoy it alot more . Better than watching tv some times

Back
Top Bottom