Help with power head placement please! Struggling 8-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Happy 4th everyone! Check out the pic below and please ANY feedback will be helpful. 55 gallon FOWLR, 60 lbs live sand, 50 lbs live rock (ish), aqua clear 70, and power heads are set as follows:
Koralia Evolution 1400 gph ( all the way to the left towards the back pushing water along back of tank )
Koralia Nano 450 gph ( middle facing up for surface agitation )
Koralia Evolution 550 gph ( right side of tank facing forward at an angle pushing water across front of tank and also up/down- this is next to my filter return also )

Here's a pic...

image-1867445497.jpg

So basically this is the only way to get flow throughout the tank due to the stacking of live rock. However, some people say that direct flow or laminar flow and whirlpool effect is undesirable, and that you are better with turbulent flow. Does anyone have any ideas for placement of these heads? Do I need another one? Please help, I have tried so many different placements but can't get it right apparently! 8-(

I think your fine you want to avoid having the power head blowing directly on any corals I have mine in the upper back corners (end walls) aimed at the front center glass so they crash into each others flow gives a nice random flow

Back
Top Bottom