Help with Red Sea marine Test Kit Please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok guys thanks for all your prior help. Today I recieved 22 lbs. of fiji lr for new 45g high fowlr tank. Im Goint to try and kick the cycle off today. I added the rock to a 3 gallon bucket of 1.030 sg water gave it quick brush off after a minute or so and added to my tank. The tank just has rock substrate and filter/heater. im waiting for my remora c From Darin at www.captivereefs.com should get it early next week. He was really helpfull I recommend him. ne way. To help see where my cycle is I tested for PH, ALK, Trites, Trates and ammonia. here are my levels if I red them correct.

ph =8.3
alk = normal closer to low
ammo= .5-1.0
trites =.1 .2?
nitrate = around 25 on the high range.

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice using these red sea test kits as the nitrites didnt seem to match up colors well on the chart. I am sure I performed the test correct. Anyone with any advice on these kits and plz help me read the correct levels. thanks

Dela :) :new-bday: my new fowlrs birthday ! hehehehehehehehehehe

That is just how these test kits are. They have a bad reputation an you are seeing why. You may want to call Red Sea and give them the lot number on the box. They can tell you how old it is. It is not uncommon to buy a test kit from a mil order company or LFS that is a year old. Best bet is to stick with Salifert or Seachem taest kits. These sell fast so they are not sitting on a shelf long and are both very accurate.

I was Looking through the booklet and noticed a little technicality stating that if Nitrites are present it will prevent the nitrate indicator from having an accurate reading. I guess its because the elements are so close no2 and no3. Is this particluar to red sea tests or a natural occurance?

dela

Back
Top Bottom