Help with stocking list.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mciaio

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a Yellow Tang, 2 Ocillaris Clowns and 1 Green Chromis in a 75 gal.. I wanted to add the following:

Coral Beauty Angel
4 x Green Chromis
Racoon Butterfly
Hippo Tang

I have this figured as about 55" of fish. Is this too much or just right? I would drop the Chromis off if it was too much.

Please Advise. Thanks.

The two tangs would fight. Butterfly fish are delicate, should be left in the hands of the experts (definately not me) IMO. The coral beauty may pick at coral if you have it or are planning on getting some. The chromis are fine. Try 5 pajama cardinals, a pinkspot goby, or another kind of goby, and a wasse.

The inch-per-gallon rule is widely out of date and is no longer used since factors such as the size of the fish, bioload, filtration, and size of tank (length, height, and width) are more important. Hope this helps. Welcome to AA!

OK, scrap the hippo tang and the butterfly and put a bi-colored foxface in the mix.

The inch-per-gallon rule is widely out of date and is no longer used since factors such as the size of the fish, bioload, filtration, and size (length, height, and width) are more important. Hope this helps. Welcome to AA!

Best advice I`ve heard all day. Very true.

OK, how about triggerfish? I would love a trigger but they are not invert safe right? Would they be safe with only snails and a shrimp?

It'll eat snails too. They use the shells to keep their every growing teeth trimmed. At least I've heard advice to feed triggers snails every so often to aid with that.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I am going with a cleaner wrasse, a sleeper goby, a huma trigger and a coral beauty. That with the two clowns and the Yellow Tang. Thoughts?

Nix the cleaner wrasse. They starve in captivity for the most part. Bad move IMO. Also, in your first post, you said you already had a Coral beauty.

+1 on the cleaner wrasse info.Ya I think that's good but the humu trigger and the yellow tang might fight for territory.

Back
Top Bottom