Help with stocking my tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bix

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everybody,

Setting up a 135 with a 60 gallon sump/refuge.

I'm wondering if this combination would work in this size of tank:

Picasso Trigger
Miniatus Grouper (if this is too big a spotted grouper could take its place I suppose)
Dogface Puffer
Large Angel like an Emporer or Queen

Second question is, if this combo will work which would you put in first? I figure the trigger is last but unsure about the other ones.

Any advise/opinion is greatly appreciated!!!

Followup question:

What about a clown trigger by itself?? Could it live in a 135 gallon?

Yeah some sites say 125 is the min, some say 200...

I'm leaning towards the clown trigger being too much fish though :( I don't know when I will be getting a bigger tank so it might be in there a while..

Any other comments on my list?

well I've had a niger trigger in my 150 gallon for about a month and he's grown about 3/4" so that might help.He might be good in there for a couple of years.Don't know HTH.

bix..to be honest all could work but ur gonna need to get rid of them at some point. the large angels could work for a while but eventually would need to be taken back to the store or get a bigger tank. Basically the same with the grouper too. What im doing with my tank is picking a list that i wont need to rehome any fish unless of some other unrelated problem. What i think u should do is
-Humu Trigger
-Dogface Puffer
-Maybe a Snowflake eel if you want (i find them interesting and they dont take up alot of space)
Then you can do some assorted damsels for some more smaller fish movement and add a wrasse if you wanted. Having the grouper takes down your list alot and adds a big bioload and will need to be rehomed most likey. I personally like a couple of bigger show fish and then some more smaller fish that fill the unused space and will dwell more around the aquascape. Hope this helps

I'd be happy with a puffer/trigger/grouper...

So I think I'm going to just go with:

Dogface Puffer
Picasso Trigger
Grouper (I want a miniatus but we will see)

I think the 3 of them can probably get along in this tank, I've heard mixed reviews about the grouper so I think I will give it a shot, seems like it really depends on the particular fish that you pick out..

Back
Top Bottom