Help With Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love tangs, they are my favorite fish. Sadly I can't keep them for over a year in my tank. I've kept yellows, koles, and a sailfin. All in a different time off course. I've feed them algae sheets, pellets and they grazed on algae in my tank. Are they getting enough algae or greens or is the tank to small, because I am thinking and researching atlantic blues.

Tanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well what size is the tank? Keeping them well fed is just half the battle, they need a suitable tank as well

As long as the sailfin is still small all 3 of those tangs should be ok in a 75 at least for a bit. Did you notice any hlle or ich? Are you feeding a variety of foods? How often we're you feeding? Sailfins need monster tanks full grown but I doubt that killed it

Every couple days I added some seaweed sheets but they got pellets daily.

add a frozen food mixture into it. i personally recommend going the homemade frozen food route, but if youdont feel like it, atleastgo with a emerald entree or mixed frozen pack. ive got 3 tangs currently, 1 for over a year, a purple tang for about 10 months, and a yellow for roughyl 7 months. they were healthy before i started my diy frozen food, but they have increased in mass and health since eating frozen

Back
Top Bottom