help!! Yellow tang and foxface attacking new blue hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starr92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We tried putting the foxface and yellow tang in the qt tank thinking it would help and put them back in after a day but they keep pushing & nipping at the hippo. Right now the hippo is in the qt tank for now but we still want him in our 150g tank.. Ive seen yellow and blue tangs with foxfaces together before in tanks that get along great..is there any other way I can get all them in one tank without being aggressive or do I just have to keep the hippo seperated?

You have to understand each fish have their own personality. Also, fish are like a pack of dogs. They will create their own pack and the most dominate fish will be the alpha. It is for this reason that it can be difficult to add new fish. The new fish has to find their place in the pack. My foxface gets along with my grouper, lionfish and my eel. However, she tried too murder two other foxfaces, killed a Copperbanded butterfly and tore apart two full- size blue hippo tangs. Even though my foxy might look cute she is VERY particular about who she shares the tank with. You cannot force fish to like each other. All you can do is try to see if they will get along. If not there is not much you can do.

Back
Top Bottom