hermits eats all of my cleaner crew..what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtneyclv

Aquarium Advice Activist
I love my hermit..he has moved into a new house several times so far. He is about 3 inches long.
BUT-
He ate my peppermint shrimp, my mithrax crab that was killer! and ALL of my turbo and nass. snails.

Is there hope or should I get rid of him?
I want to get more small inverts but not if he will devour them. He will shake my fake coral and climb on everything to have a tasty snack.

:(

If he`s doing all that then you`ll need to get rid of him. Do you have a sump to put him in. Or know a friend that has one.

You need to return it to the lfs since it will go after your fish too later on. red/blue leg hermits are a much better choice then the larger ones and they max out at around 1 1/2"

I had to do it...took crabbie to the LFS today..got some snails. I just posted about him on the 'gettign started' forum.

What can I have to help sift through my sand? I HAD a watchman goby but crabbie ate him. He seemed like a good choice.

To me the goby is a good choice. I have a diamond or dragon goby and a pink spotted. They haven`t jumped yet.

I looked for my watchman goby and couldnt find him. When my crab ate the peppermint snail he wasnt to be found either, and then one day there he was! Crabbie hid him under my sand.

I lifted up all of my rocks and don't see watchman yet..maybe he jumped? My tank is open a couple of inches in the back in this big window cubby thing and there is a large space behind the tank. But..when i got him all he did was hide and he never came out. Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom