Hey everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmason81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question....went on vacation for about a week..while I was gone I had my sister in law come by to feed my fish....we I got back I noticed that my Orange Anthias is gone....assuming that ut died somewhere....I've checked my levels and all are good to go...no issues....I have 2 peppermint shrimps and a cleaner shrimp so I'm not sure if they cleaned up after it or what but if my levels don't spike and the fish is simply gone....should I do a cleaning to move the rocks to see if it is trapped somewhere or should I just let it be and keep monitoring levels hoping that nature took its course???

It probably got over fed and it's system couldn't process the food. Always look for a dead body. How many shrimp/bottom feeders do you have? If you have a fair amount it may not be a big issue if you can't find it, but it never hurts to look.

Another possibility is it could have jumped, I don't know if you already checked the floor around the tank or not, but i figured id mention it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I did think about the floor and there was nothing. I have 3 shrimp and 4 snails not sure if that is enough to clean clean it up.....I still haven't moved rocks around and stuff but levels are still good so I'm just gonna call off the search lol......thanks for the advice though definitely appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom