Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Will do

Old 01-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconn View Post
Can't stress enough, watch for ich....I've been battling tangs and ich for years. Matter of fact I have a hippo in hypo salinity treatment now. With tangs,def have a quarantine/hospital tank ready.
you may want to re-evaluate your tank conditions and water quality if you are constantly battling ich with tangs. yes they are more prone to ich, but a properly established tank with good water quality and the correct stock level will keep tangs healthy and plump theres got to be an underlying issue with your tank

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Once established no problems. Seems capture/shipping has a lot to do with it, especially powders and hippos. Heard every tank has and will always have crypto irritans at some level, it's how the fish and their immune system can handle it. What do you think?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Newbie

On another note, anybody have a yellow tang turn suddenly from semi aggressive to full on bully. Caught mine terrorizing even the cleaner shrimp.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

I myself did check my levels on monday and everything is great all .00 except for phosphate which i always seem to be a 5ppm. As for stock in my tank for the last year my 2 clowns,yellow goby, pygmy coral beauty angle and 3strip damsel have been the only tank mates. I also do by weekly 10g water changes a little light i know but with the small amount of stock i didnt think was bad. I just added a vertex omega 150 skimmer So i felt it was time to add new fish.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

In saltwater people preach patants
Old 01-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

**** fat fingers. Patients. But there is nothing that works better then buying a new house and breaking your hand and not working fir 6 weeks to slow the tank growth. 😃
Old 01-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

PCONN, i firmly believe that crypto is NOT in every tank. i feel that if more people were to follow the correct QT procedures for EVERY single incoming fish, crypto outbreaks would drop dramatically. a very small percentage of hobbyists actually QT, and of that percentage, an even smaller number actually QT for the full 4-6 weeks. so there in lies the problem. to the OP, id LOVE to have a Vertex Omega skimmer! i have one of their older IN-250 skimmer monsters sitting in my basement collecting dust lol. if i broke my hand, id have to request a waterproof cast lol. as for patience, prob the most memorable qoute ive heard was while watching a youtube video of a Mike Paletta interview, he said "nothing good ever happens fast".... remember that when it comes to sw tanks.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree. Take your time and appreciate every step. The skimmer is a beast i got it from Bulk Reef Supply when they had there 12 days of christmas deals. $150 off
Old 01-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

thats not even fair. my Bubble- Magus curve 7 is only prob 3-4 months old and i love ti, just wish it was a bit bigger. funny part is i was on the BRS site during that sale and even went to click on the same exact Vertex skimmer....and they were sold out.

Tags
hippo, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com