hippo tang in a 20 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hara said:
It is sad that people (the LFS in this case) apply the "throw away" mentality to living creatures.

They deffinately don't. They care alot about their fish and are just going by their experience. All fish are different one fish can live happily in a tank slightly smaller than reccomended while others of the same species need a tank twice as big. Most pygmy angels ive seen look happy in a 20g while others seem panicky.

as for the damsels, all them are alive and seem very happy

Most pygmy angels ive seen look happy in a 20g while others seem panicky.
Are ou refering to Centropyge argi (cherub or pygmy angel) or all Centropyge species (dwarf angels)? Sorry, 20gal is just too small for any dwarf species, period.

If you know so much about fish, why are you asking questions here?

gopeder111 said:
They deffinately don't. They care alot about their fish and are just going by their experience. All fish are different one fish can live happily in a tank slightly smaller than reccomended while others of the same species need a tank twice as big. Most pygmy angels ive seen look happy in a 20g while others seem panicky.

as for the damsels, all them are alive and seem very happy

I'd love to see this documented somewhere. It's total rubbish. A fish no matter what species needs appropriate conditions to thrive and grow. Cramming them into a tank far to small isn't making them happy just because they can survive it for a short time. Your going to do what you want to apparently regardless of whats best for the fish. I had hoped otherwise. So, when the fish die from disease, stress and crowded condition, go thank your lfs for all their great advice and give them some more money for replacement fish, meds, conditioners and all the other additives I'm sure they will be happy to offer you. Good luck to you and your fish.

Ur doing the same thing i did with my mandarin lol XD. Im glad i finally listened to this forum at the end

These peoples are giving u the right advices dude. The ppls at the store, no matter how nice they are, they still have to make some money to feed their family 0.o

That's true. We aren't being paid to be here and just want to try and help people succeed. To often people jump in and make mistakes early on that totally kills the experience of having a sw tank. But, unfortunately, giving advice is all we can do. It's up to the recipient to take it or not. That's why research is so important. And don't take one persons advice, don't take mine, check around. I'm pretty sure what you'll find will be pretty consistent with what you'll get here. And, maybe I let this get to me to much but I get so frustrated when I see/hear people trying to cram these graceful creatures into small enclosures for the sake of self gratification. There are so many other fish out there that are just as colorful and fun to watch that are appropriate. *sigh*

I currently have a 20 gal. tank w/ 3 devil blue damsels but they say I can take them back when I have my tank cycled

Of course they will take them back....LFS seems like they are banking the fact that you won't actually have them after the cycle....

i have a 20 gallon reef tank, and right now i have a percula clown, a firefish, a cleaner shrimp, and a bunch of hermit crabs. everyone seems very happy in there, although the perc likes to pick on the firefish. i like my 20 gallon reef. i do wish i could keep more stuff in there, but if nothing else it keeps me from going completly broke.

Back
Top Bottom