hob filter for fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand what you're saying, but there are other reef stores that do group buys only if everyone is in the same area and they will break the order up for you (and split shipping) automatically, kinda like splitting a check at a restaurant. It's an important distinction, and one that almost threw me for a loop when I bought on my first group buy at BRS.

ETA: </madness> :)

I never knew that, I rather just jeep it simple and have one person order for all lol.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with those terms. What's a sig?

Oh ok. I'm on the iPad app so it doesn't show that I guess.

This is what I've got so far.

Attachments

• image-4074101687.jpg
    image-4074101687.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 73
Oh ok. I'm on the iPad app so it doesn't show that I guess.

Go to the community announcements/admin forum. I posted it last Monday. Basically, create am account at BRS and PM me your last namr and email address used for the account, and startijg Tuesday, you can shop with a big discount when you get the go ahead email from BRS.

Looking good bud, but no rock? What's your salinity?

Haha. No rock or salt either. This was more to test the filter and make sure its working. Ive got salt on order and am working on getting rock

I work strange hours so this might all take some time.

I work strange hours so this might all take some time.

I recommend the top fin 75 hob filter its a dual valley and high output with adjustable flow so you don't have to use powerheads and also has deep filter chambers for extra media and its a good price about $45.

I already purchased an aqueon 5575 on amazon. It has a good floe rate and two deep spaces for media. How many pounds of live rock would it take to seed dry rock?

I already purchased an aqueon 5575 on amazon. It has a good floe rate and two deep spaces for media. How many pounds of live rock would it take to seed dry rock?

I don't think you need live rock with dry rock but I recommended using all live rock it cycled way faster IMO

I used dry rock and it was cycled in 3 weeks.

Aparently mines been good since week 2 idk the specifics of the science behind dry vs live but I went live just to try it out. Ill be starting dry on my next build though.

Aparently mines been good since week 2 idk the specifics of the science behind dry vs live but I went live just to try it out. Ill be starting dry on my next build though.

Live rock already has the BB in the rock, whereas dry rock doesn't. The cure/cycle for both serves two purposes:
1. Remove any die-off on the rock and let it cycle through, and
2. Create BB colonies in the rock.

If you start with live, cured, rock, (2) has been done, and (1) probably won't occur, assuming that you've kept the rock wet from when you purchased it, but if it does, since you already have BB in the rock, will go much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom