Horrible mistake, any positive thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I went to the lfs and purchased a featherduster. Unfortunatly the guy at the store told me that they did not need to be acclimated and could be put right in the tank. As a precautionary measure, I acclimated him for about 15 minutes (after temp was equal) and put him in the tank. It has been about 4 hours and there is no sign of him. Is he officially dead, gonna die within a short time, or is there a possibility of him making it? Water parameters are excellent.

It will take a while for him to come out. Worry about it tomorrow if he dont come out. By the way post some numbers so I can see what excellent is.

Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 5
PH = 8.2
Calcium = 500
KH = 13
Temp = 78

I hope he makes it, but you say that tomorrow is pretty much the deadline?

Just keep an eye out. They dont come straight out esp if your water is different than the LFS

Dont panic yet...Sometimes they seem to disappear for a few days. I saw one leave it's tube once looking at a nice lil crevice to make its home...jus a big worm

Mike

Today I went to the lfs and purchased a featherduster. Unfortunatly the guy at the store told me that they did not need to be acclimated and could be put right in the tank.
Time to find a new LFS.

Got an update?

These guys do a lot better with a long drip acclimation.
I've had similar advice from LFS and watched the thing throw it's crown and become shrimp fodder in no time..

Back
Top Bottom