How do get a tang to eat its vegetables?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i havent had any luck for my tang to eat my seaweed selects either. i tried it a few times and he didnt touch it, and i dont wanna leave it all day. i tried lettuce too and i am not sure they are eating it. im gonna try and attach them using my magnet cleaner and see if that works.

You have a beautiful tank there Larry, I hope I'll be able to get mine to look as nice. Thanks for the Info and Pictorial it is quite enjoyable. I'll checkout my LFS in the morning for the Garlic extreme and Zoe, if not then I'll order some. I went out before and was able to get straight dried seaweed with nothing else in it, it's not sheets though. I'll try it in the AM since it 's beddy by time for them now. Thanks again.

nice tank!

If I feed my fish Nori; where is the variety. Should I find different types of tried seaweed? I notice that a lot of people suggest garden veg, I also not that a lot more say no. Is this just a personal thing or is there some research around no garden veg?

Feed the nori every other day. variety in nori is less important than overall diet variety IMO

Try "Ogo",Gracillaria Pacifica. It's a red seaweed also called "Tang Heaven". Tangs go nuts for the stuff. This can be found in the Asian section of your supermarket or a health food store.

Here is a picture:
img_1009982_0_6e8a36ff3b56541e2430791b9a77078c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom