How do I know I wont drain my well using an ro unit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you drain your well from running an RO/DI unit, you've got some serious problems....

What's the gpd rating on your unit??

Dont have one yet. I know my water pressure is only 15 psi at most, my grandfather said the well is only 80 ft deep with a 6 inch diameter. I just need help with this before I buy one to fill my tank whether it will be worth it or not. Have no way of knowing how much water is in the well either.

If you've been shopping, you're probably aware you'll need a booster pump.....

Most RO units produce roughly 3 gallons of waste water per gallon of filtered, so a 75gpd unit will use about 12.5 gallons per hour total.... far less than filling a bathtub or washing machine. Plus, the "waste" water doesn't have to go down the drain.... it can be used for many other things. I typicaly restock my RODI water when I have to do laundry, running the waste line into the washing machine, just remember to set a timer so the machine doesn't overflow (did it ONCE!!) :oops: . During the summer, the waste can be used for garden watering, pool top-off, etc.

I understand exactly what youre saying. Im well aware ill need a booster pump and also just to let you know. The hose in my house can only run about an hour until things start to get muddy. Thats just to give you an idea of how my water works. So if im screwed let me know, if not, thats awesome.

You can do it, it will just be a pain. Since you can only run water for an hour you would clog your filters and would be constantly replacing them $$$$. So its up to you.

Back
Top Bottom