How do you keep your temp down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasoncwrd2002

Aquarium Advice Freak
As title says how do you keep your temp on your tank down? In rocking T5HO Lights Andy temp gets up near 83. Wanna get it a little lower

You could use a couple of small fans to blow across the water to help remove the heat that the lights are making

Yea I bout a fan last night and put it under it blowing on the sump as my friend has his. I was wanting two find like a micro fan to attach to the hood to get the hot air moving.

I just ordered and received a 6 fan cooling unit (aquatek chillmaster) all of the reviews on this system are really good. I just need to know if I have an open top (egg crate) and T5x4 lighting what is the best positioning of the fans. Most everything I have seen so far has been with a canopy.

Just looked at mine and I'm at 84. So gotta get something before summer is here. Wait there is only one season here in hawaii lol

Turn your heater down. Try turning it all the way off and see where your temp goes. Unless you house is really warm you tank shouldn't go much higher then that.

There are always chillers. I'm out in the Palm Springs area, so summer is HOT. I can now leave for work and not run my AC all day. My chiller keeps the temp exactly where I want it.

Nevemind just found it. But how would that work with my lights? I got T5HO mounted with a DIY ballast.

Attachments

• image-1315209216.jpg
    image-1315209216.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 58
What exactly is a egg crate? I been looking but really not sure what is meant by this

This is egg crate

img_2445691_0_228702a9abbdca1ff7727c60d23bcfb2.jpg

Not if it's a solid wood canopy. It looks like it in your pic but it's hard to tell cause it's dark.

If all around your lights were just eggcrate and nothing over it it would cool it

Back
Top Bottom