How do you live without a sand sifting golby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djmpj2

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the 2+ years that I have had my tank I have had 3 golbys. Upon the demise of each one (first by mantis shrimp and second via the high dive suicide) my tank goes to crap in weeks.

Now I have my third and all is well in the tank again. They keep the sand so clean, I can't imagine how anyone keeps the their tank clean without it.

My 2 cents.

DJ

Sorry for the mis-spelling.

Currently I have a diamond goby. That is also what my first one was. But the second one was a Golden Headed Sleeper and he was just as good at cleaning the sand.

I have many snails, both Nassarius Snail and Turbo/Astrea Snail and they don't come close to keeping the sand as clean as my goby. I think the goby has OCD. He's like a worker bee.

DJ

I love Diamond Goby's so much. That is the next fish I want but I have to wait until I upgrade. I am already tempting the stocking gods!

On a side note my big brittle and my nassrius do the job ok.

I want one, but I don't have any other critters to get and the place that has the one I want, needs a minimum of $100. It's kind of hard to fill that order with a goby and a clean up crew! LOL!

I order all my fish from saltwaterfish.com. Their customer service is non-existant, but their livestock is always good and you certainly cannot beat their prices.

They also require a minimum purchase of $79. If you can find someone in your area willing to split the order I'm sure you could come up with $40 order with a goby, some cleaning crew, maybe a shrimp or something.

If you don't know anyone in your area that does SW look here in the forum for your area and post that you are looking to place and split a livestock order.

Good luck!

Oops, almost missed your questions, Austinsdad...

Yes, he makes mounds all around the tank but it looks natural and nice. He has his cave his "sleeps" in and he practically buries himself in there at night.

DJ

Yeah, I have done that, but you have some great advice. I tried saltwaterfish.com, but they have one thing I want and the rest tend to be out of stock. I will check on Friday, they did have a bullet goby, that I really want. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom