How does this list look for a 75 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
1 clown
1 Midas blenny
1 flame angel
1 yellow tang
1 royal gramma
1 Auriga butterfly
2 firefish

2 emerald crabs
1 ruby crab
1 pom pom crab
1 sally lightfoot
3 blood red shrimp
5 blue leg
5 black turbo
5 astrea snail

I have settled on a 75 gallon community tank. I am very new to this, this is just my ideal list, How will it work?

I assume this will be FOWLR and no corals since you have a few coral pickers on the list. That list should be OK tho. The butterfly can grow to 8" and the yellow tang 8". Those are 2 pretty big fish for a 4' tank. The royal gramma can sometimes be mean and chase the firefish.

I would pass on the sally lightfoot. I don't trust them. ;)

I am completely new to this. What don't you trust about them?

Anybody have any ideas on what order I should introduce them.

Two Firefish first. They are peaceful and will fight eachother if you don't introduce them at the same time.
Second the Blenny. Another peaceful fish.
Then the Butterfly or Gramma.
Then clown, a little more aggressive.
Then the Tang and finally the Angel. The more aggresive ones last so they don't establish territory then bully new fish when they enter it.
Chuck the CUC after the cycle has finished.
On the snails though consider instead of Turbos (which knock everyting down) Trochus. They are fantastic snails. Also be more generous. Get about 20. Also swap the Astrea (they can't right themselves if they fall over so your sticking your hand in more than you want to be) for Nassarius. They stir your sand bed and eat all of the detrius. Go for 20 also. Other snails you can chuck in if you want are Cerith snails which are also good algae cleaners.

2 firefish
1 midas blenny (yellow/gold)
1 threadfin butterfly (yellow/white/black)
1 royal gramma (pink/yellow)
1 percula clown (orange/white/black?
1 yellow tang (yellow)
1 flame angel (red/black)

2 emerald crabs
1 ruby crab
1 pom pom crab
1 sally lightfoot
3 blood red shrimp
5 blue leg
20 trochus
20 nassarius

Thinking I need to get rid of some of the yellow any ideas for more color? Maybe replacing the blenny or butterfly with something colorful and peaceful.

Anybody have an idea for a another crab to replace the sally lightfoot with?

I personall think you have too many for a 75 gallon tank. Maybe drop a few. When they get hungry they will go after each other and maybe the fish.

Back
Top Bottom