How long can a marine aquarium go (120g FOWLR) without power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not long, expect die offs within 48 hours. They can go one day but not much more. This is why you should go to a fishing store and purchase a few battery operated aerators. Get the big ones, the ones that run on 12volt car batteries. I personally have a generator that we got for hurricanes that I use to keep my koi alive during a power outage. My indoor fish get the battery operated aerators.

I have battery back ups on my tank ... Now it will only run the PHs in the event of an outage... We have no where to put a generator plus the fumes are dangerous ...to humans and the other pets we have ...
Many folks use battery run air pumps for bait for their tanks in that size tank you could use atleast 4 of them ...depending on the season you can open windows for natural light and for heat you can try to find hot water to place in bottles to float in the tank tho with that size tank it would probably take quite a few .... It would also take quite a bit of time to drop the temp due to water volume so they should be fine as long as it drops slowly ....I would say with pumps etc you could go up to a week safely ... do remember that water changes will also help you could heat the H20 in the sun if needed but this will also help exchange gases and churn the water ...
You could easily go a week to 10 days without power if you have the ability to move water , depending on temps and times of year and your location JMHOO ;)

Back
Top Bottom