How long can I expect LR surprises?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris-Nicol

Aquarium Advice Freak
This may sound like a silly question but is there a point where u will have no more surprises from your live rock? I mean like hitch jokers etc or can they just appear at any time?

TIA

I think it can be years or even never. LOL Theres soo many nooks and crannies in LR that you can never be 100% sure in my opinion. Unless of course you started off with all base rock. But even then, a piece of coral on a rock could easily bring in things too.

Cool! I was just wondering because I'm reading about everyone's surprises on here and I'm getting a bit jealous haha! I did have a hitch hiking crab which I have only seen twice and the last time I seen it was about 6 months ago! I also have little feather duster type things in a few places! I had ones which came out of little White tube things as well but I think they died when I scrubbed my LR to get rid of some hair algae :( I want more surprises tho haha!

Be careful what you wish for, LOL, some surprises arent the good ones!

I love those little feather dusters, I have hundreds of them on the underside of my rocks. :)

Haha yeah I have read about some nasty ones!

Yeah that's where they tend to grow on my rock as well! The more I look at the tank the more I see! The bigger ones tend to be more hidden though so I can't get a proper look!

I bought my LR almost 2 years ago and I'm STILL finding critters!

Feather dusters, rogue corals, various worms, sponges, new colours of coraline algae.

It's a world inside a world! I love the mini-ecosystem.

Back
Top Bottom