How long does it take?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I changed over from PC's to MH and my corals are not liking me very much. I started the halides off at 2 hours and have moved up in the amount 15 min everyday but a lot of the corals are still not opening up all the way. My hammer coral that is about midway up in the tank has been almost totally closed since I first put the halides on. Part of my star polyps that are on the bottom of the tank are closed up and some of my zoos are closed up as well. The halide is a coralife 25 watt 20k. I am to 5 hours now on the time they are on. What should I do to make my corals happy?

Thanks,
Josh

what are your water parameters at? what size tank? maybe something else is wrong?
also can try relocating them to see if they need less direct light

doug

A lot of people screen them off from the tank rather than just phase them in. If you use layers of screen over your tank you can take off one screen a week until you've removed them all. I'd put back a screen (or wait longer to remove the next one) if you see them not coming out as a result. I think they say you should use 6-8 layers of screen. Good luck. I hope they come around.

Back
Top Bottom