How Many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon reef thats been running for a month and a half , i currently have 4 hermits , 2 nails , 1 chromis , 1 mystery slug . I hav algae on the rocks and glass , my water paramiters are good so far , should i add more cleaners?

I wouldn't add more hermits. Unless you see alot of uneaten food laying around. You want to make sure there is enough for them to eat, or they will find it themselves (snails). JMO

what kind of snails do you have? if they're turbos then 2 is probably enough... if you have the little itty bitty ones.. (bumble bee or Cerith snails) you could get a handful of those

I think their called ceirith , can i get 1 turbo with the 2 ceiriths ? there is algae on the glass and rocks for them to eat

yes... cerith snails stay quite small. Picking up a turbo would be fine. You could even still pick up a few more cerith snail if you wanted.

One of the things that I "expected" to happen with my clean up crew is that they would keep the tank meticulously clean. That never happens. You still need to occasionally go in and clean the glass yourself. When I was a newbie, I made the mistake of adding more and more as I thought I must not have enough seeing as I was still seeing spots on the glass etc. ...... just thought I would mention that.

Back
Top Bottom