How many clowns and what type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the grim reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering what you guys suggest for clowns...1 or 2 of the same species? Any preference's to the type? Just doing some research here on them because there are so many different types..

Thanks Grim

My preference is a mated pair. I have farm raised perculas. Check out those and occelaris (sp?). My favorites. I've heard others (tomatos, skunks (had a pair - nasty female), and some can get rather agressive.

I have two o. clowns that are doing well together. One was tankbred and the other was wildcaught.

My neighbor had two mature adult o. clowns and added a small, I think tankbred, o. clown that was about a fourth their size. After about two days of the pair somewhat chasing the little one away, they where all happy together, so now they have 3 o. clowns swimming around.

A mated pair will be your best bet. My favorites are Pink Skunk Clowns. I'll be getting a pair when i start adding fish to my tank.

I agree with the mated pair. I have a tomato and a goldstripe Maroon and they fight alot. Nothing deadly but they still fight.

Well thanks for the advice...I will definately be getting 2...that is kinda what I had planned as far as stocking the tank went...will have to wait until the LFS gets some in...he has some black and white clowns in there that are absolutely gorgeous but a little too rich for my blood..there are also the pink skunk clowns in there but have my heart set on a "nemo"...

Thanks again
Grim

My favorites are the yellow stripe maroons. Watch out, they can be agressive, but a very beautiful fish. Take a gander at liveaquatia.com. I think loyalrogue has on for an avatar.

Well I talked to my LFS and he is bringing in abunch of different types in a month..they are all tank bred so thats good..hardier I am sure..So by the time they are ready to come in will be time to add some more fish so will work out perfect..

Thanks again
Grim

the grim reefer said:
Just wondering what you guys suggest for clowns...1 or 2 of the same species? Any preference's to the type? Just doing some research here on them because there are so many different types..

Thanks Grim
I have 3 perculas. 2 live in an anemone and the other has his own. They are on opposite sides of the tank. They dare not cross the line or else.

I just bought 2 large adult wild O. clowns. They are doing great. I have never seen such large clowns. They hang out next to each other all the time.

Back
Top Bottom