How many fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shortysteve23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a 120 42/24/24 how many fish can I put in this thing I have 3 orange ocellaris and 2 black ocellaris and I have a blue tang a flame dwarf angel and 2 gobies yellow and watchman also have 2 damsels is that to much?

I think you may have too many clownfish in there. Have they shown any aggression towards each other? Also, the amount of fish you can put depends on what type of fish.

I've seen tanks with more than I have but if you suggest it I may take one out but they've all been pretty good I monitor them alot

If they are getting along you will be fine. Taking one species out would just be necessary if one species is bullying another. Usually Black and Ocellaris clowns get along well though

Are any of the orange clowns paired up? If they are, I would take out the lone one since they may start picking on him.

Yea they seem to keep there distance only really come together DINNER TIME, but it's a group of three and a group of 2, if snapping occurs should I take out the aggressive one? And besides the clowns do you think it's to many fish in this tank?

Yea actually it kinda does seems as tho two have paired I'm going to go home and take a deep look again I have that's kinda bigger than the rest and eats alot second is neutral and third just kinda chillin

Does it look crowded? The only fish I think will get too big for the tank is the blue tang, other than that you're good. You might even be able to add a fish or 2 depending how big they get.

I had two pairs of orange and b&w's in my 125g. they all lived happily for abotu 2 months, sleeping and playing togehter. then one day it all went to heck in a handbasket. i had to remove the orange ones and luckily I have enough tanks so it worked out ok. But I would for sure watch them carefully, it could be a ticking time bomb. In a matter of hours they had almost killed my b&w's.

just talking form direct experience. :)

Good luck

And as stayed above the number of fish depends on the fish. I would keep an eye on the tang too, blue tangs need a 6 foot tank as they really really like to swim and are easily stressed out and can get sick. Just more food for thought.

@slither no it doesn't look crowded at all I actually did a tank calculation I found on a website but I just wanted to see some advice from a person who may have been in the same situation.

@Carey thanks will do I may have to trade in the tank for store credit but I really like it he swims around pretty fine but as u stated it could just b a matter of time

Here is my 75g tank stocking list for references.

A pair of maroon clowns
Yellow tang
Blue hippo tang(he will definitely go when he gets bigger though)
Kole tang
Chromis
Snowflake eel.

The tank definitely does not look overcrowded because most of the fish are below 4" except the eel lol

I think the eel would do better in a predatory tank setup, IMO, but I haven't really researched them a whole lot.

Back
Top Bottom