how many fish can i house in my 75 fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffwisely

Aquarium Advice Activist
right now i have 2 false perc. clowns, 1 humu humu picaso, 2 talbot damsels, and 1 snow flake eel. how many more fish would be ok to house. i think i could have at least 2 to 3 more. just looking for some good imput.

What kind of filtration system do you have? How much LR? How many fish depends on the fish itself and if you have good filtration.

im running a lee's protien skimmer with a cascade 1500 cannister filter. i have 55 to 60 lbs of LR right now getting more this week. my tank is 4 months old. my nitrates are 20 and less. the fish i was thinking out adding was
1 valentini puffer
1 dwarf lion fish
and may be a lemon peel mimic tang.

just imo but im not sure if the lion fish would be a wise choice. They tend to do better in a low current tank with lots of space. That and their poisonous and are rather messy eaters.

As for the puffer. Still iffy aswell. say goodbye to your snails/crabs. both of these fish are really made for their own tank. As for me I wouldn't suggest putting these 2 tankmates with others.

But lets wait for others more experienced to chime in

you may need to turn off your powerheads when feeding the dwarf lion,thets what I had to do.Also be careful with the eel I found my old one with one of my clowns in its mouth,luckily I got it free and he's still going strong today

well i have a 75 gal so i figure i could have quite a few fish in it. i just wanted to know if these guys would be ok to add and if that would be too many fish in my tank or not. and as for my eel i target feed him daily with full size krill.

No one has said anything about what he has in there now. The trigger will probably harrass or kill the other smaller fish in the tank once it grows. The lion and snowflake eel will also do the same. If you want a predator tank, stick with mild aggressive fish all around the same size. Thats just MHO

I'm interested on knowing how your fish do over the long term so if they start eating each other I would like to know.

i have had my eel sence my tank has been running he is about 14 in or so go size but he minds to him self because i feed him well. my trigger is the one im worried about with the rest of my fish but i have seen the do well is tanks like mine

i have had my eel sence my tank has been running he is about 14 in or so go size but he minds to him self because i feed him well. my trigger is the one im worried about with the rest of my fish but i have seen the do well is tanks like mine

He may not eat your smaller clowns or damsiels, but i promise you he will pick on them a lot. Every person i have ever seen with a trigger in a non aggressive or smaller fish aquarium, the trigger always nips at everyone else. Even aggressive fish on the same size. It's just their nature to be dominant fish.

Back
Top Bottom