how many peices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
how many peices of food should i be giving? i feed every other to every 2 days, but how many peices of food should i be giving? thought just crossed my mind tonite and thought i would ask. inhabitants are in sig. i take a cube of formula one and cut in to ALOT of smaller peices. mmmmm, id say they are 1/8" (like a square size of one or two letters!?!) peices and everyone gets one.... is this enough?

I feed my 4 fish 4 pellets after 4 pellets to avoid the pellets to fall down to the sandbed (my fish lose track of the food once it's half way down the tank lol). I keep feeding 4 after 4 til the fish's stomach is full (u can see) then stop. Don't feed til they can't eat anymore. They tend to get lazy when they are FULL

I believe they should be able to eat everything in less than 3-4 minutes. Your case might be a bit different, since your inverts are generally scavengers and will wonder around till they find something to eat. Does the goby find and eat the cubes? I quit using the cubes, as much, since they sink to the bottom and none of my current fish are bottom feeders. I would get them a variety of different food, some brine or mysis shrimp soaked on garlic, zoe and selcore, is what I use.

the shrimps always get some, i have to feed them before i feed the goby, otherwise they will steal it, lol. i drop the food right by the goby and he eats. yesterday, i fed him 2 peices and he ate both, so i guess ill stick with that. i just wanted to make sure that its enough for them. i do need to get some mysis tho.....

Back
Top Bottom