How much Live Rock should I put into my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
General rule is 1.5lbs per gallon. But thats for filtering purposes. If you have adequate filtration and just want it for asthetic purposes...as much or as little as you like.

I got 90 LR and 55 lbs of LS in my tank. MOstly FOWLR but adding bits and bits of coral frags. I have 4 different types in there now. Had 5 but a hammer coral didnt' like me for some reason and decided to go away. Funny thing is that it didn't die till I started feeding it directly. MAybe next time I'll let it go and let it filter what it wants !

Firefighter, how did you made your own lighting? What are the stuff do I need to build one, is it cheaper to make one? I have a used 36" 2x30watts plastic canopy w/ electronic ballast, can I use this aswell?

thankx

well you really should got about 1.5 to 2 lbs of rock per gal of water. 2 would be the best and there is no such thing as too much live rock in a tank.

there is no such thing as too much live rock in a tank.

Well I suppose if you had so much the fish didnt really have much swimming space that would be to much. :)

If you plan on adding corals later remember many corals will come attached to rocks so when in doubt start with 1lb per gal and slowly add more till you have found the right mix that makes your tank look how you want it.

Back
Top Bottom