How often to feed seaweed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I give my fish seaweed every day should i start to give to them once a week?Or how often should i give it to them?

Depends on the fish. Tangs should get it every day/every other day. But only as much as they will consule in a day. If any is stil there the next day remove it and give less the next time.
Unless of course you have a good snail populaton. Then you are assured there will be nothing left <g>.

thank you for the advice,thought i'd let you know whats in my tank. i foxface rabbit,1longnose butterfly,1cooperband butterfly,1 purple fire fish,1 pajama,1 cc starfish,2 scooter blennies,2 clown fish,2 peppermint shrimp.75gal fowlr

So no corals for your tank <g>.

Nori every day is fine. Just remove whatever is not consumed.
I hope you are target feeding the cc star.

BTW, I lost my Foxface this year. I had it for over 5 years. Beautiful fish.

No jumping, found it on its side one day, struggling, getting stuck against a powerhead intake, basicaly unable to maintain an upright condition.
All water parameters were in check. No physical damage to the fish and no signs of disease. No other fish were affected. I removed it from the tank at that point.

You target feed a cc star by putting some food right next to it till it grabs it. There are plastic feeding prongs you can get to help. Otherwise the fish will eat it all before the star gets it.

It needs some meaty food too, a variety of chunks of marine fish, shellfish, and crustaceans fortified with Selcon and vitamins.
Also it will eat all sessile invertebrates and any mobile ones it can capture.

Back
Top Bottom