How to catch a fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roberz00

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any one got a good/safe way to catch a Fancy Damsel? Darn fish is fast and I can not move the rocks as they r "mounted" to the tank floor. Do they make a fish trap like they do for those mantis shrimps and other pests??? Also has to not allow the 2 Skunk shrimps in as they are curiosity killed the cat critters.

Thanks Mike,
I'll look into those ideas.

BTW, I used to live in Nofolk, VA up untill 4 years ago.

Just a couple hours away. I do some pier fishing there. I`ve been down there in lafayette a few times. International Paper box plant down there.

Just a couple hours away. I do some pier fishing there. I`ve been down there in lafayette a few times. International Paper box plant down there.

Im still learning the area, My wife is from here so we got married and I moved her back closer to her family.
**************]

I want to add additional fish to this tank but my LFS rep is afraid the damsel might go after any and all I put in there as he/she has been the lone fish for 6 months or so in the tank. If I cant catch this fish, would there be another fish or something(other then more inverts) that I can add and still keep the damsel and not worry about fish attacks n stuff??

Maybe add a dwarf angel. How mean is the damsel. If those tips dont work you might have to bite the bullet and tear everything apart and catch the damsel.

Maybe add a dwarf angel. How mean is the damsel. If those tips dont work you might have to bite the bullet and tear everything apart and catch the damsel.

I dont know how mean he may be as he has been the only fish in there. I m lookin to put a goby or a blennie at least but have been in discussions with my rep for other types/breeds. Going to see my rep tomorrow to see if maybe she has a trap or soemthing I may be able to borrow.

I DO NOT WANT(lol) to even think about trying to breakdown the LR n stuff to catch this sucker. ugh . I knew securing the rock to the floor would come back to haunt me.

UltraLife Aquarium Fish Trap

Im going to use this to break down my tank when my 125gal arrives. I might just use a 2litter pop bottle. That way i can leave the lid on with a small screen to put the food in there making the fish go into the bottle. once they go in for the food lift it out of the tank and move them into bags. Hope this helps.

Damsels are quite aggressive species so please don't add gobbies in its presence. Take a 2 liter coke bottle cut the top off at the bubble and inverteted it. Place some frozen brine inside it and just placed it in the bottom of the tank. I hope this simple trick may work effectively like me many others are using this method to catch Damsels. Small bags which is less size comparing to LFS one may work wonders for easy removal of Damsels from the tank as they always try to swim down and upside so using large size bottle or bags will work better then any manual methods.

thanks all.. I'll probably be doing the 2 liter bottle trick as there is no one with a trap near me. **sigh**

Back
Top Bottom