How to relieve aggression within clowns...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamCurtis07

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My new tomato clown is very aggressive with my fizzy dwarf lion fish.. How can i relieve the anger.. how about an anemone or a seperate them for awhile? Please help.

What is your tank size?This will play a big part in it..Adding a nem will probably make it worse,the clown will really defend that..
separating them won't do much either..Clowns are just mean..a lot of people just don't realize that

As I told someone yesterday, You cant change mother nature. A tomato clown will grow up to be a tomato clown. I recently lost mine of 13 yrs and I know how they are. Mine was on top of the pecking order or at least he thought he was LOL. They are just going to be aggressive no matter what. Here is my tomato I recently lost. The first fish I ever got over 13 yrs ago.

100_1013-med.jpg

Right now it's in a 30g with the lion.. But I could put it in my 55g with a tang, angel, damsel and a false clown... What do you think is the best choice?

My problem with it is that it will not coexist with another clown. They will fight like Cats and dogs. The bigger the better as far as the tank.

About the anemone, I read that a tank raised anemone could kill a clown that tries to live in it because it was never raised that way. So careful when having anemones and clowns in the same tank.

Well would the other fish in my 55g be okay with the tomato clown other than the false clown? because I'd much rather have my lion than my false clown

An anemone might help relieve aggression because the clown will stay in or near the anemone. Only when the lion goes near the anemone will aggression be shown.

It is never a guarantee that the clown will host the anenome. Usually about a 50/50 chance. You can see my clown in the pic is hosting a hammer coral. Totally ignored the anenome. I personally dont think the anenome will help.

That would be the best combo in the big tank. My tomato held it`s own with 3 tangs and a damsel some gobies and a blenny.

I have put the tomato clown in the 55g.. The clown and damsel had a little mix up, but I turned the light off and fed them and now they seem fine.. But if they keep fighting I'll be forced to return the tomato clown.

Back
Top Bottom