How to stop scopas tang from attacking yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed 2 weeks ago my yellow tangs fins were bitten at... I was watching and nothing else had happened now today I see my scopas tang chasing him all over the tank and his fins are bit pretty bad and you can see some blood.... Even now and then hippo tang bites at him .... Now I lost 2 fish in the past and I wasn't sure how or why and I still never found them I don't want this to be a 3rd potential lost fish what can I do... Size order is hippo biggest then scopas then yellow... Had yellow longest and scopas is newest of 3 but they have all been together month or 2 now...

Attachments

• image-2229512947.jpg
    image-2229512947.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 227
  • image-96404144.jpg
    image-96404144.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 167
  • image-1840860348.jpg
    image-1840860348.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 190
What size tank? Looks like 4 tangs. I have a yellow and a scopas. To stop aggression or at least minimize it when you see the fighting going on cut the lights out and move some rock around. This should help to slow the fighting down. With four tangs you need at least a 6 ft tank. Hopefully you have that or there will be constant fighting. It took a week for mine to become best buds.

Tank is 4-1/2 ' wide they were all fine until recently I just feel bad for yellow tang he was one of fist fish in tank....

I dont know what else to tell you. I can guarantee you that your tank is just too small for 4 tangs. When I had a 55 I had two tangs. They were a yellow and a Yellow eyed Kole tang. When I got my 125 I added a Scopas. I`m scared to add a fourth tang. Just try the lights out but I`m afraid it wont be enough.

I noticed 2 weeks ago my yellow tangs fins were bitten at... I was watching and nothing else had happened now today I see my scopas tang chasing him all over the tank and his fins are bit pretty bad and you can see some blood.... Even now and then hippo tang bites at him .... Now I lost 2 fish in the past and I wasn't sure how or why and I still never found them I don't want this to be a 3rd potential lost fish what can I do... Size order is hippo biggest then scopas then yellow... Had yellow longest and scopas is newest of 3 but they have all been together month or 2 now...
I think you said in a previous thread that you have a 60 gal tank. That will not support 3 tangs. More like one maybe. I apologise if I am wrong on your tank size.

I think you said in a previous thread that you have a 60 gal tank. That will not support 3 tangs. More like one maybe. I apologise if I am wrong on your tank size.
i see 4 tangs, but i couldn't agree more. that tank is headed for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom