Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
How would you stock?

So I have a 25 SW cycling and I can't decide on fish i want. So my question is , if this was your tank , what would you stock. I'm running a 40-60 gallon filter and its going to be a reef.
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bettaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,981
I would get a tanaka's pygmy wrasse and a pistol shrimp and watchman goby combo.
__________________

__________________
Rule number one: Always research a fish before you buy it.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
I would get a tanaka's pygmy wrasse and a pistol shrimp and watchman goby combo.
I like the colors of the Tanka's but there really hard 2 find around here.
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TheTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 3,110
Have you asked your store to order one for you? Most LFS will do that. I was even talking to someone at Petco the other day and they said they can order anything off their main site with a 50% deposit. You pick it up when it arrives with their store order. Don't think they charge for shipping that way either. I might give that a try someday.
__________________
TheTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
TangoTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
Have you asked your store to order one for you? Most LFS will do that. I was even talking to someone at Petco the other day and they said they can order anything off their main site with a 50% deposit. You pick it up when it arrives with their store order. Don't think they charge for shipping that way either. I might give that a try someday.
Seems my Petco lady can get me whatev I want. I've never had to pay a deposit but then again, I haven't tried to order my Spotted Mandarin Goby yet! HA!
__________________
Check out my photography:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post2548090
TangoTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTank View Post

Seems my Petco lady can get me whatev I want. I've never had to pay a deposit but then again, I haven't tried to order my Spotted Mandarin Goby yet! HA!
True, but I really don't trust my petco, everything they have is really young
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bettaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,981
You could get the shrimp and goby pair for the bottom then have a helfrichi fire fish or dwarf sea horse for the mid section
__________________
Rule number one: Always research a fish before you buy it.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
You could get the shrimp and goby pair for the bottom then have a helfrichi fire fish or dwarf sea horse for the mid section
Alright, sounds good. I've done some research and I think I'm getting a firefish and a yasha goby / Randall shrimp pair, but I would like another fish. I looked at the yellow possum wrasse and I like it, but I want something with a little more color.
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bettaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,981
If you have zoanthids and some bright motile invertebrates, you can have a colorful aquarium
__________________
Rule number one: Always research a fish before you buy it.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
If you have zoanthids and some bright motile invertebrates, you can have a colorful aquarium
Planning on them and several other corals.
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.