Humu Rectangle Triggerfish tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coffeetwitch

Aquarium Advice Addict
im pondering about upgrading my current tank to a 90g and was looking at possible fish to get.

anyway, saw this guy on la and it kinda spiked my interests considering im not much of a trigger fan.

other fish i was looking at are

harlequin tusk(ausie) <--- really want
magnificent foxface. <--- really want
a bristletooth tang
maybe a radiata lion but that one is a maybe.

fish i have are

banggia pair
flame angel
yellow corris wrasse

any input would be appreciated.

I have heard that these triggers can be rather aggressive . Even though what I know about that particular trigger is second hand info I would be worried he would tear up your cardinals .

yeah, i really like my cardinals and dont want them lost. when i change tanks i may(still uncertain) just put this one in the bedroom and keep the fish that dont mix and match. with any new fish.

Yea I remember you had a hard time getting a pair that wouldn't fight and would hate for them to get killed.

exactly. ive been looking at aggressive/predator tanks on youtube and really liking the looks of them. ive skimmed through some old threads and slitherbomb? recommended a zebra eel and i really like the looks of that.

i guess i will need to start a separate tank all together. so i guess a new thread specific to a 90 gallon aggressive/predator tank... boo. i was hoping to just upgrade my tank and not have to buy any new equipment or more rock.

Well I just had to remove my pink tail trigger because he was fighting with chop so if the supposed calmest trig would mess with him then indont trust triggers ever again .

yeah, you have patients beyond me to have recovered from and cared for your fish and chop the way that you have,

Zebra eels are really cool. But they need at least 125 gallons because they can grow up to 5 feet! That's why we went with a snowflake :)

Back
Top Bottom