Hybrid Scopas Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this for your 55g and if so is your tank's profile correct in the amount of fish already in it?

I've seen lots of regular scopas tangs but i'm not sure what a hybrid is. Do you have a link where you saw it? Here is a link to a normal scopas tang with some general info on it. It gets up to 1 foot and is recommended for 70 gal minimum. I know in your other thread you were talking about taking out fish. Which ones do you plan on selling back?

I can't find a link but if you go to google and type in hybrid tang you can find images and info. I planned on selling back the yellow and regal tang, and the puffer and the trigger. Most of them out except for the kole tang the clowns, and blenny.

Thanks for the help. That is it but only the one I am talking about is the one on my avatar. Their is a picture of one. It is a Hybrid scopas tang.

It's a hybrid (either naturally occurring or forced). You're not going to find specific information on it probably. Google is your friend or you can try wetwebmedia and fishbase.org as well.

BTW: Your picture appears to be an orange shoulder tang

Thanks. Oh, It shows a hybrid scopas tang on mine. Well if you go to google images, type in hybrid scopas tang you can find one the tang is Multi colored.

I fixed it now. It should be there.
The Hybird Tang you are talking about is just a scopas tang.It changes color sometimes thats why it is like that color.I wish they were a real fish were they stayed that color all the time

The Hybird Tang you are talking about is just a scopas tang.It changes color sometimes thats why it is like that color.I wish they were a real fish were they stayed that color all the time
I just found this at wetwebmedia.com they said this is a yellow tang

Attachments

• Zebrasoma%20flavescens%20HIXanthicMD.jpg
    Zebrasoma%20flavescens%20HIXanthicMD.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,374
As I mentioned in another thread on the same subject, a hybrid is the result of 2 different species mating and producing offspring. If this fish is a z.scopas, it is not hybrid, it is a color aberrant. The same with the pic of the z.flavescens (yellow tang). They are color aberrants.
If it was a hybrid, it would be a zebrasoma.scopas x flavescens, or whatever else it mated with to produce that offspring.

If you really want 1, watch Divers Den. They occasionally have color aberrants.

All the information is attached with the photo that you grabbed from reefimages.

Common Name : Hybrid tang, Poss. hybrid bet Brushtail & Yellow tang

Species Name : Hybrid, Zebrasoma scopas & Z. flavescens (Poss.) ?

Divesite : Jackie's Knob

Back
Top Bottom