I am going to start a fish only tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to start a fish only tank. a 28 gallon nano. Do the rules apply with live rock on a fowler tank also? Maybe a anenome but that wouuld be pretty much it. Looking at the nano with LED lighting.

I would suggest putting live rock in a fish only tank as well. It really helps with the filtration. Not exactly sure what rules you are talking about.

People usually suggest between 1-2 lbs rock per gallon but that rule is loose. I probably have less then that. As long as you have enough surface area to keep a large population of bacteria you should be fine. I would probably keep it closer to .5 -1 lb per gallon for a fish only since a lot of those fish need more swimming space. You can also put in a little deeper sand bed to provide more surface area or put addition rock or rubble down in your sump.

You still need LR. The good news is on a FOWLR tank is that you dont need the intense or expensive lighting unless you go with the anenome. The anenome needs a mature tank of at least a year old.

Back
Top Bottom