I am thinking about a adding a lunare wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay179

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I have a 75 gallon fowlr tank. Right now, I have a 2.5 inch huma picasso, 4 inch blue spotted goby, 2.5 maroon clown and a yellow tail damsel. I just recently found a baby lunare wrasse. The wrasse is about 2 inches. Would my tank be overstocked if I added the lunare? Most of the fish in my tank are slow growers including the huma. All of my fish get along pretty good. PS My tank has been up for 6 months. My nitrates are between 15 ppm and 20 ppm. In the future I am going to upgrade to a 125 gallon. Since, most of my fish are slow growers, would I be ok to add the lunare?Thanks

I wouldn't add him until you got the bigger tank. He needs lots of swimming room. Also, with such little room, I got a feeling that damsel will harrass and make the wrasse jump. Gut feeling, that's all.

I had a small lunare wrasse that turned into a large lunare wrasse and he was quite aggressive. I too would wait for the larger tank.

Thanks for the advice

What is the growth rate on Lunares? I know my huma trigger is a slow grow. He hasn't grown an inch in the eight months I had him.

Back
Top Bottom