I DIDNT PAY FOR A 27 DOLLAR MEAL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
im really mad right now since my arc eyed hawkfish just ate one of my new blue reef chromies. I got 2 and almost ate the other one. I thought the chromis were big enough, but i guess not. should i get rid of the hawkfish or just make an aggresive tank?

30 gallon

you paid 27 for 2 chromis?? I guess if you want smaller fish the hawk should go.. Not too many aggresive fish can go in a 30.

It is tough when that happens...a 30 gallon is not very big and the chromis make easy pickins for any hawkfish. Dont be angry at the fish, it is doing what comes naturally.

Are longnose hawk's as aggressive as arc eyed hawkfish?

I have a longnosed hawkfish, and she ate my shrimps the first day in there, and although she has chased the Chromis, she hasnt eaten anyone else, now that she is used to the tank.
img_595971_0_7639938df475d6501a4725163015033d.jpg

How big were your shrimp when they got eaten? I've got a 2" cleaner shrimp, and don't want it to end up a snack.

5 minutes worth? Only took me about 30 seconds to type out that question! ;)

I would probably ditch the chromis and get a few fish like a six line wrasse and royal gramma, I still would not trust that hawkfish around any of my inverts. I did see a pgmy hawkfish before that probably wouldnt take out a large cbs, then you could have a in that tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom