I Got Lights, But.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toad268

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, here is the deal, I got two 24" 65W ballasts for my light fixture, installed them, they work great, but... The bulbs hang lower than the sides of the fixture itself... it has the reflective mirrors and all, but I need shields so we don't get blinded in the room... do you know where I can find some?

What type of light is this?

Could you install the ballasts outside the light fixture, and just have a wiring harness run to the fixture? This would also help reduce the heat load on the bulbs.

Would a plywood construciton work for a light shield? Maybe stain/paint it to match your stand, and hide the entire fixture?

Do you have a pic? Is there a cover to keep the metal from getting splash back/rust?

No Picture right now, but I have glass in between the water and the lights so as not to get all that water and salt on the bulbs and heat out of the water... it is very jerry rigged right now and I am looking for a cheap and easy fix to block us from blindness from the bright bulbs...

Back
Top Bottom