I have had a firefish goby for a couple years, a sweet little guy. I added a coral be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaileykari

Aquarium Advice Regular
The coral beauty dove at the firefish a couple times, then left him alone. Is this usual for beauties? And will firefish grow his dorsal fin back? :(
55 gallon
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
Ph 7.6
Nitrates 40
Salinity 1.023

Tomato clown
Coral beauty
Black capped Basslet
Ocellaris clown
Firefish goby
Skunk cleaner shrimp
Abolone

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oops!
Coral beauty for three months, peaceably,

Sorry, I will do the first paragraph again,I see where I screwed up!
Firefish gobie missing dorsal din, skunk cleaner shrimp missing antenna.

Well, I would say that something changed in the tank like the addition of another fish if there were no issues for 3 months. Basically each wants their own territory and the coral beauty wants the firefish out of its as it thinks most of the tank belongs to it, just like my coral beauty does. This is also why the fin would be missing from the firefish.

In terms of the cleaner shrimp, it could have lost it in more ways than can count. It will grow back when it molts.

But will the firefish regrow it's dorsal fin?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fins usually re grow, it just takes time. I got a Blotched Anthias from someone that basically had no tail due to another Anthias beating it up. I'd say it's tail is about 1/2 back after about 6 months. I'm not sure if Firefish would be any faster or slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom