Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have quesions :)

So I posted about this in the freshwater thread but I want you guys opinion, I got a 90 gallon saltwater tank with sump filter given to me, it used to have FWLR. I wanted to set it up for FW so I cleaned out all the old crud and rinsed it thoroughly then filled it with FW and bleach to kill anything in the tank, let it run like that for 24 hrs, pumped it out and vacuumed the tanks out then filled it with FW and let it run for another 8-10 hrs. After that I did the same process and diss assembled the tank and rinsed/ scraped the whole thing. Now I've had it running in my house for 3 days an my ph is 8-8.5 which is was to high for FW, so my Q is, did I do a thurough enough job? Or do you think my ph will drop during the tank cycle? Thanks SO much

Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Oh and I didnt use anything other than just the tank for my FW, I put all new rock in it

Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would have used Vineger instead of bleach but here is a link to someth'n you might find helpful. Good luck.
Here's the link.Can I Convert A Saltwater Tank To Freshwater Aquarium - Saltwater Aquarium Secrets

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com