i need a little help please with tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would choose algae eating snails over the nassarius. the reason is because you'll need to add meaty foods to the tank to feed the nassarius. with other snails that eat algae, all you need to do is run the lights and never do a water change. actually, you could change the water in the snail tank with the old water you take out of your main tank. that would keep the algae fed and the snails eating.

ok i think my butteryfly fish is sick.. he has a white film over his left eye. can i use my 30 gal as a qt tank the way it is now??

bump ok i think my butteryfly fish is sick.. he has a white film over his left eye. can i use my 30 gal as a qt tank the way it is now??

or should i just treat in the dt? went to lfs and he sold me... e.m. erythromycin anti-bacterial fish medication. is that good??

i don't think you want to put an antibiotic in your DT. this may effect the beneficial bacteria that your system relies on.

1. so should i just put the sick butterfly fish in the 30 gal and treat him in there??

2. should i have a uv sterilizer for my 55 gal fowlr?? if yes.. there are so many different kinds/watt types,what should i have?? what do you have?

3. what do you think about the inline heaters???

4.poly pads.. what do you think of those? are they reusable? are they worth the price? and they are only 4x8 so it does not fit snug in my baffles, is that still going to work? or is there a better place to put it?

i'm a bit of a renegade...but what i would do is just make the butterfly as comfortable as possible in my DT and hope for the best. either that, or return him.
i would not waste money on a UV sterilizer.
i don't know about inline heaters. never used one.
poly pads? what are they? those fluval foam filters? i'm guessing they work fine on a fluval.
did you want some filter floss for your sump?

Back
Top Bottom