I need some help picking an upgraded bulb for Eclipse 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyMCG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, after searching the internet I finally found the solution for the crappy little standard bulb in the Eclipse 12 system that didn't involve spending extra money or constructing a retrofit.

I found 2 bulbs that will fit the hood but need help deciphering between the two options. I'd just like to know how either one will look in my tank.

The standard bulb i'm currently using is just a plain white 5000K that casts a yellowing tone over the crushed coral and live rock - not attractive for my saltwater.

Here the are 2 options:
Coralife 10K Daylight Compact Fluorescent 6 inch - 13 Watt Aquarium Compact Fluorescent Bulbs

or

Coralife 50/50 Compact Fluorescent 6 inch - 13 Watt Aquarium Compact Fluorescent Bulbs

One is a Coralife 13 Watt - 6" PL Type Base 50/50 Compact Fluorescent Lamp - PL Type Base combine 50% 10,000K with 50% True Actinic 03 Blue phosphors for essential biological reactions.

and the other is a Coralife 13 Watt - 6" 10,000K Compact Fluorescent Lamp - PL Type Base 10,000K lamps provide high-intensity, purified super daylight that simulates the midday sun. It contains rare-earth color enhancing phosphors to emit sparkling, blue-white rays.

I don't know my lights very well so if someone could tell me how each light might look in my FOWLR tank, I would appreciate it! thanks!:confused:

I'd go with the 50/50 but thats just my opinion. I like a blueish hue to my tanks. The 10k is good too but will still have some yellowish to it.

Yeah I dont want any of the yellow. The tank is in a room with 3 planted freshwater tanks, and I want the blue light to help set it apart from the freshwaters.

I use a 50 50 bulb for my fowlr tank. I couldn't be happier with how it looks . I'd go for the 50 50

Back
Top Bottom