Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
I passed on the Salty bug!

Well today I dragged my dads rear end to the LFS so I could visualy (sp?) explain to him how the sump/fuge works (I showed him the 150 reef show-tanks sump/fuge/overflow ,and hte 75 coral grow-out overflow/sump/fuge) and we ran into a family friend and his family. We havnt seen him in about 2 months or so, but none-the-less... while my dad and his friend were talking about boring computer stuff, I talked to the wife and daughter (about 7 yo), apparently, they went in there last night to get a goldfish and a bowl...and left with a 45gall so I was talking to them, showing them this and that and blah blah blah. They plan to go SW for their first tank. anways, they are going FO because of price, and they want a "nemo" (I recomended o. clown) they wanted a yellow fish, so I recomended lemon peel angel (she wanted a yellow tang, but I talked her into the angel) and they arnt sure what else. I was also phyced to hear they are going to fishless cycle the tank YAY~!
Im glad I was able to pass on the salt-bug lol

Houston "Face Trials with Smiles"-Porter Ellett
My aquariums-5gall snowball shrimp, 20long-awaiting setup,29gall planted
"We are nothing until we make ourselves somthing"
blazeyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Alwyas good to hear someone just starting out is getting sound advice rather than being sold things. Kudos to you

MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I passed on the Salty bug!

Great job! I would also direct them to this site.
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Good thought Scott!! Always nice to increase our numbers and help newbies out on their way to having a great tank!!
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Way to go Blazey. You did some good advice.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

bug, salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com