I think im failing..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Throw in a few peppermint shrimp and just let your tank chill out...the pepps should eat the aiptasia ,,,you don't want those in your tank..

I could walk you step by step through hyposalinity ,,but go ahead and google it first and i'll answer any questions you have..

Whaaaaat i dont want them???? They are awesome! :/

Attachments

• image-1827853920.jpg
    image-1827853920.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 84
The prob with hypo is that there is no fish in the DT.. but the angel in my QT was going to be added untill **** broke loose in my DT tank.. Only my 2 cleaner shrimps snails and crabs are from my dt now in my qt.. And if i remember right yhey cant contract "MI"?

And i googeld aiptasia that isnt the stuff i got.. Well atleast none of the imaged shown were it.. Ill try to get a good close up of the lil guys

image-2175700951.jpg

image-1815188651.jpg

Tryd to get the best pics icould.. Iphone camera aint what its cracked up to be

I have those same guys on my LR. Will be curious to see what it actually is. I hope someone can identify them. I think they're cool as well. 

Ehhhhh, not really. It's spreads like crazy and stings and kills other coral, just like aiptasia, otherwise known as glass anemone.........

Not really. Been reading about it and it seems like it can be big trouble. I it doesn't spread much it seems to be ok in a FOWLR tank but will do a lot of damage to corals. I might pull mine off with tweezers per some recommendations on other sites.

Really??? I dont plan on putn any corals in it.. Might do those with my 30 gl.

You need to do hypo for the fish not your DT...the ich in DT will die after 8 weeks,,but your fish in the QT's still have it ..it will just keeping hosting them and multiplying ...Inverts, LR,sand ,,,anything wet ,,can "carry"ich into your system....anything wet should be QT'ed before it goes into your tank IMO,,and i have done it ever since my disaster 6 years ago...live and learn

Those anemone's may be ball anemone's ,,goolgle those and see if it looks like them...they are fine to have

Im not trying to argue since you are helping me througg this.. Buuuuttt... There is no fish in qt that came from my dt.. I do have inverts from my dt but i was told by many people inverts can not contract or carry MI.. but! Then again almost everything i have known about this hobby hasnt been right

Chances are your inverts don't have it ...but say you picked some up from your LFS ,,theres a chance ich could be hitching a ride ...It can also live in LR and sand beds and be introduced that way..It has many stages of life ...I have done tons of reading on this little nasty thing and everything i'm telling you has been proven .
What about those nems,,did you check out ball anemones ?

OK ...what fish have ich??Your DT does have it,,so any fish that was in there will have it...I'm confused on what fish you have now(do you only have the one angel now) ,,i thought you were setting up the 40 to transfer the fish in the 20 to it..

Every fish i had in my dt died before i could move them. The only fish i have is my bi color angel in my qt i planned on moving him to the 30 gl but im leak testing it right now and i have. HUGE test tommarow so i wont hve much time for fish today.. The anems are majano.. With me doing fowlr i read it wont be bad but once i start to think aboit corals it woukd be pointless since they will take over them.. If i told you how many fish died in the dt im pretty sure people would want me to quit the hobby :/

Every fish i had in my dt died before i could move them. The only fish i have is my bi color angel in my qt i planned on moving him to the 30 gl but im leak testing it right now and i have. HUGE test tommarow so i wont hve much time for fish today.. The anems are majano.. With me doing fowlr i read it wont be bad but once i start to think aboit corals it woukd be pointless since they will take over them.. If i told you how many fish died in the dt im pretty sure people would want me to quit the hobby :/
This is how a lot of us learn,,don't beat yourself up about it....The bi-color will be fine in the QT(20 long right) for 8 weeks ...Just keep an eye on him...Personally i would do hypo on him anyway ,,but you don't have to,,if he has ich it will show up soon enough..good luck ,,and if you really want those nems thats fine ,,but they spread like crazy ...If not toss some peppermints in there

Yes 20 long.. I also have a 28 half moon i could acclimate him too but i think that would be pushing it there is 5 fish in there and 1 cleaner shrimp already. I will be setn the 30 up very soon.. I have my RO unit going and my salt ready to mix..

Has it been 8 weeks yet?! Haha :/ in all seriousness i plan on sticking it out with no fish for awhile.. And let me tell you i get a weird twitch knowing i gotta wait evn longer than i did for it to cycle.. :/.. BUT on a lighter note.. Pretty sure a snail came alive from my lr.. I only had turbo snails in there and this guy aint big as a penny yet

When i do start stocking again i would like to Have rare gobys mainly but maybe a but maybe a teardrop butterfly fish in the mix

The wait will be worth it(As long as you QT from now on(y))...in a year from now it won't matter that you didn't have fish for 8 weeks....

Back
Top Bottom