I want a blenny!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been trying to decide which fish to get next. I currently have a Percula Clown and Blue Tang in my 60 gallon. I have been looking into getting a blenny. I have narrowed it down to a few:

Tail Spot Blenny (Ecsenius stigmatura)
Black and Yellow Blenny (Ecsenius lividanalis)
Bicolor Blenny (Ecsenius bicolor)

Anyone that has one of these blennies - do they try to jump out of the tank? I have a canopy, but the back is open as is the overflow.... ?

Got any particular need for your blenny? Algae nibbling etc?

If not, check out one of my favorites, the midas blenny. Or even the canary blenny. Both stay out front a lot. The midas will back into a hole and peek out at the action, but does swim often. And both are yellow - of course the midas has a more golden color.

There was no particular duty I needed the blenny to do. I just like the look of them, and that they are peaceful. :)

I have a black sailfin blenny and he sits at the glass and watches my every move.

i have a bi-color also and he's awsome, except when i put my hand in the tank. He tries to bite my hand off. Kinda freaks me out when he does it! But he has a bunch of personality like JG was saying.

has anyone heard of or had any experience with a black and yellow blenny:

<http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=2105>

i recently got a Tail Spot Blenny from liveaquria, and was very impressed by his colors. he actually stays out in the front of the tank most of the time, and is very curious. i used to have a bicolor blenny,he had a great personality but did stay hidden longer than my tail spot blenny.

Back
Top Bottom