I want rocks... but i cant figure it out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelsLilGray

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ive read so many **** pages that say dont use this and dont use that... so far marble and lava rocks are out of the question... i didnt think to look it up untill i dumped the 2nd to last bucket into the tank.... 40 lbs later its all out..

I did figure out though i have about 4 bristle worms =D

Anyways.. what rocks should i go with since i cant use anything i thought was good.. and porus..

I used marcorocks.com and I was very pleased with the BR I got there. I got my LR from drfosterandsmith.com. I used fiji rock in my tank.

The vendor is a personal choice, but in my opinion as long as you get something that was originally in the ocean (like within the last few months) you should be OK.

yea, you might wnt ot check out classifieds too, ive gotten some excelent stuff from garage sale or people who are just upgrading or whatever, there was a guy on craigslist up her who was literally giving hi LR away, among everything else. he had like a 180 gal, got divorced and didnt want anything that had to do with his wife lol i would have take it all but my apartment just isnt big enough.. fish, lights, everything.. I was kinda P.O'd i couldnt get it all but I got like 20 lbs of Nice rock from him, I used pumice pieces as a base for my LR to sit on, it wont "grow reallyl" but you can make a nice "stand" out of it plus the color is a nice change up in the tank i think..

I used Underwater outlets when I started my tank. Cycled with 50lbs of his LR.

I recently added another 25lbs of baserock from MarcoRocks.

I recommend both vendors!

Back
Top Bottom