I was thinking about adding a mandarin fish for my 75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay179

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank has been up for almost 10 months. Right now I have coral beauty, maroon clown(not aggressive.Been in my tank for 6 months), pink spotted goby, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp and a mexican turbo snail. I have a 105 pounds of live rock in my 75 gallon tank. I was wondering if I would be ok to add a mandarin fish to my aquarium. thank you

From what I've heard they can be tricky,try to get one which you have witnessed eating prepared foods.

Believe me it does not look like a 105 pounds. It was all base rock when I got it. I am not sure if I have any copepods in my tank. How could I check and see if they are in my tank. I have a marineland c 360 canister filter. I also have a green hair algae problem which I am trying to resolve. Thanks for your replys.

you will probably be fine keeping a mandarin. just don't add any fish that eat pods besides the dragonet.

David S said:
From what I've heard they can be tricky,try to get one which you have witnessed eating prepared foods.

I agree, although sometimes this does not always work either. Madarins and blennys will eventually devour their entire stock, copepods need the sanctary of a refugium IMO.

If you used alot of base rock, I would buy some live pods and introduce them to your tank and give them some time to populate. Also just to be on the safe side I would try to get a mandarin that is also eating prepared foods as a back up.

Thats what I was thinking

Buy some copepods firsta and let them populate in my tank before purchasing the mandarin. Thanks for all of your posts.

Yeah seed your tank with copepods and make sure you get a mandarin that east prepped food, it' difficult to see pods so you will never know if you have enough food for him :/

I like these kind of fish, but they are the pickiest eaters ever and mine starved itself to death after a month.

I agree, although sometimes it does not always work either. Mandarins and blennys will eventually devour their entire stock of cope pod need sanctuary algae tank IMO.

I agree, although sometimes this does not always work either. Madarins and blennys will eventually devour their entire stock, copepods need the sanctary of a refugium IMO.

I agree, although sometimes it does not always work either. Mandarins and blennys will eventually devour their entire stock of cope pod need sanctuary algae tank IMO.

Almost verbatim! :crazyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom