Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Woke up to find the butterfly on the sandbed. Dumb Humu trigger killed him. He kept chasing and picking at him. He tried to do the same to the tang until the tang flared and whacked the him with his tail/scalpel. Would you be surprised if I told you he bothers every other fish in the tank including the 13" Lionfish? Well....he does and no LFS will take him since he is too large.
Sorry man ,,i know your pain,,my humu killed 3 fish while he was in my tank..He got shipped out awhile ago.He was fine for 2 years then he snapped.
My clown trigger soon followed ,,after i added a blue throat the clown darn near killed it..Now the blue throat and sargassum "seem" to be fine..Way too early to tell..Took my other triggers years before they snapped..
This is why i am now going with the said to be" less aggressive " triggers,,like pink tails and nigers ,,they too are said to be pretty tame
EDIT:watch your bursa ,they are very close to humus,same family

Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS
Sorry man ,,i know your pain,,my humu killed 3 fish while he was in my tank..He got shipped out awhile ago.He was fine for 2 years then he snapped.
My clown trigger soon followed ,,after i added a blue throat the clown darn near killed it..Now the blue throat and sargassum "seem" to be fine..Way too early to tell..Took my other triggers years before they snapped..
This is why i am now going with the said to be" less aggressive " triggers,,like pink tails and nigers ,,they too are said to be pretty tame
Humu trigger killed too many fish, 2 other triggers (Niger and white tail), a wrasse, grouper, and others.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #153
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS
I really think it depends on the specific tank. My buddy has a Niger that will attack the front of the tank if you walk by it!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #154
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

I really think it depends on the specific tank. My buddy has a Niger that will attack the front of the tank if you walk by it!
Agreed. The tank size also matters. If its a small tank then the trigger will cover more tank space for its territory. If its a very large tank then the chances of it bullying the other fish is unlikely.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #155
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wooh I made it into the top 100 in a competition. There is a a safe in each house (100 houses) that everyone has to unlock with a key we've been given, and inside is 50 grand. Everyone has been assigned a house at random and we go next Tuesday so wish me luck lol!!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #156
Aquarium Advice Addict

On a second note, my poor lionfish which I raised from 4" to 13" randomly caught ich and I'm thinking of doing hypo. Idk how he caught it since I haven't added a fish in like a month and the tang that I added no signs of illnesses even till today. 3 days ago he was jumping for food when I was hand feeding him but today he hasn't shown the slightest sign of an appetite. I just don't want to lose him since he's my favorite and the highlight of the tank. But any ideas how he may have gotten this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2430690016.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	85403   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1844550467.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	85404  

Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #157
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sure is odd. But it may be present even with no signs. Is the lionfish stressed for any reason?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #158
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy
Sure is odd. But it may be present even with no signs. Is the lionfish stressed for any reason?
He's just laying on the sandbed. A couple months ago he was sick like this but was actually upside down with his face in the sand and I was so sad But then a couple days later he had returned to his normal self and now this happened. Can ich from FW travel to SW fish? I fed him guppies a few days ago but they didn't look sick. The tang is doing great and has actually colored up a bit since I got him so idk of it was from him
Old 03-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #159
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Fw ick is totally different from sw ick it just has the same name so that didnt happen. I'm not sure about other parasites or diseases fw can carry over though . Good luck that is an awesome fish you got there.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #160
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Any updates on the lion? Please tell me some good news.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Closed Thread

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com