Ibrahim's 150g FOWLR Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got half the water in aswell as 80lbs of rock and sand. I'm going to pick the 150lbs of lr today. Here are pics

Attachments

• image-303970854.jpg
    image-303970854.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 99
:( Seller only had 100lbs of lr but that's fine with me. I got the first half of the tank done so I should finish by today

Now thats a great way to start a weekend. A tank beginning to cycle.

RJT said:
Now thats a great way to start a weekend. A tank beginning to cycle.

I hope it's short since there is some lr from my 75g and 100lbs from the sellers tank

I pretty much insta cycled with my 90g. :) I added like 60-70lbs from my 125g and the rest is base. I tested twice a day too when the rock went in and never saw a spike of anything, just nitrates.

carey said:
I pretty much insta cycled with my 90g. :) I added like 60-70lbs from my 125g and the rest is base. I tested twice a day too when the rock went in and never saw a spike of anything, just nitrates.

I'll add some ammonia tomorrow after the tank is clear but here is where I'm at now

Attachments

• image-291774289.jpg
    image-291774289.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1370650630.jpg
    image-1370650630.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2549997132.jpg
    image-2549997132.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 105
Tank has cleared up a bit and I can see through it. The left side still isn't done but I'll finish in a bit since I've got someone buying my clowns and hes an hour away.

Attachments

• image-3343402783.jpg
    image-3343402783.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 101
Finished aquascaping and tank has cleared up.

Blues:

image-1703155612.jpg

Whites: Then both blues and whites

Attachments

• image-4110680825.jpg
    image-4110680825.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3473818151.jpg
    image-3473818151.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 85
Gah... I sold the 75g today so I had no where else to add the 5 fish. I.e I added them to the 150g. Parameters look acceptable.
Ammo is 0
Nitrite is 0
Nitrate is 20-40 so I need to bring that down.
Stock is:
Lionfish (will trade for a dwarf lion)
Bursa Trigger
Humu Trigger (Going to trade for a Sargassum trigger)
Pink Tail Trigger
Mexican Rock Wrasse (I've got a canopy and glass tops so he's safe)
Going to add:
Purple Tang
Blue Tang
Australian Tusk (Paid for already, Being QTed at my LFS)
Maybe a couple Anthias if I have space.
So a total of 8 or 10 fish

Attachments

• image-1743125311.jpg
    image-1743125311.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 107
carey said:
Sounds good to me. :) Nice fish choices.

Thanks, and on another note, the kind people who bought my tank today brought along a former LFS store owner who said he'll can get me fish for 1/3 the price and coral 1/4 the price because he buys things at wholesale prices and said I'd be amazed at how much stores mark up prices to make a profit. But the downside is he gets things sporadically.

Ibrahim said:
Thanks, and on another note, the kind people who bought my tank today brought along a former LFS store owner who said he'll can get me fish for 1/3 the price and coral 1/4 the price because he buys things at wholesale prices and said I'd be amazed at how much stores mark up prices to make a profit. But the downside is he gets things sporadically.

I can completely agree with him. I have a business license and buy a lot wholesale. There is a 200-300% mark up on coral and a 1-200% mark up on fish in stores. Surprisingly though- equipment mark up is not as high.

I like the tank and fish choices,but those are a lot of big fish for that footprint

FTMMWS said:
I like the tank and fish choices,but those are a lot of big fish for that footprint

I know, but that's why I'm trying to pick fish around 10" when full grown so the tank's width is double their length. I may remove or change the stock list around.

Did a 20g PWC last night and added some nitrate reducer. Tested it now and looks better.
Ammo: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10-20 (Stuff really works!!)
I don't plan on adding anything for a week atleast. Also changed the stock list around to better suit the tanks dimensions.
Stock is:
Bursa Trigger
Pink Tail Trigger
Going to add:
Heinchois Butterflyfish
Some sort of eel or engineer goby
A dwarf angel

Attachments

• image-527489787.jpg
    image-527489787.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 68
Glad to hear it worked! I'm waiting for brightwell's xport no3 to come in stock so I can give it a try on a tank I've been cycling. You give me hope! Lol

Ibrahim said:
Did a 20g PWC last night and added some nitrate reducer. Tested it now and looks better.
Ammo: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10-20 (Stuff really works!!)
I don't plan on adding anything for a week atleast. Also changed the stock list around to better suit the tanks dimensions.
Stock is:
Bursa Trigger
Pink Tail Trigger
Going to add:
Heinchois Butterflyfish
Some sort of eel or engineer goby
A dwarf angel

As far as the eel vs engineer... I love my engineers! One is about 8 inches long and the other is about 7. They are constantly digging up my sand to make new caves and I love the way it makes the sand bed look. As you might tell- I'm not a fan of flat sand beds. Peaks and valleys look more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom