Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

As far as the eel vs engineer... I love my engineers! One is about 8 inches long and the other is about 7. They are constantly digging up my sand to make new caves and I love the way it makes the sand bed look. As you might tell- I'm not a fan of flat sand beds. Peaks and valleys look more natural.
Same here! I like wavy sand but not the cloudy part that's why I'm trying to decide...... Do they come out alot?

Old 02-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Glad to hear it worked! I'm waiting for brightwell's xport no3 to come in stock so I can give it a try on a tank I've been cycling. You give me hope! Lol
It's for reactors right? I might give it a try as well as I can't imagine how hard it'd be to clean algae off of all the decor I want 0 trates and 0 phosphates.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim

Same here! I like wavy sand but not the cloudy part that's why I'm trying to decide...... Do they come out alot?
My water is never cloudy at all. They come out every feeding and I see their entire body. Other times you just see the first few inches of them pop out of the rocks.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

It's for reactors right? I might give it a try as well as I can't imagine how hard it'd be to clean algae off of all the decor I want 0 trates and 0 phosphates.
Yes. It looks like a long process though. But I still wanna try it out. Here's a link on it...

http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/xport_no3t.php
Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yes. It looks like a long process though. But I still wanna try it out. Here's a link on it...

http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/xport_no3t.php
Thanks. I'll try the engineer goby or a snowflake eel. I can't find a goby that's big enough to not be terrorized by my Humu trigger.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your livestock wholesale? I found a site where the minimum order is $500 but for 1st time buyers you get $100 free credit. But I need a business license, so I'm thinking of getting one.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Also if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your livestock wholesale? I found a site where the minimum order is $500 but for 1st time buyers you get $100 free credit. But I need a business license, so I'm thinking of getting one.
I am in SW Florida. However, the closest wholesalers are on the Miami coast. There's no minimum order for pickup. Delivery is a different story though. If you want the company names I'll pm you them
Old 02-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also, some wholesalers require more than a business license depending on the state. You might want to call to find out the requirements and application process
Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I am in SW Florida. However, the closest wholesalers are on the Miami coast. There's no minimum order for pickup. Delivery is a different story though. If you want the company names I'll pm you them
Thanks it'd be great if you could give me the names.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Also, some wholesalers require more than a business license depending on the state. You might want to call to find out the requirements and application process
The place I've got my eye on now only requires a business license to sign up with them so Ive got about 400 from my sold 75g left over. I'm thinking I can just order all my coral for the 25g and fish for 150g there.

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com